Skip to main content

Mission 3:Methodology/Process



Digital Journalism

"Process"

Our third mission is Methodology. What does it mean "Methodology"? 
No idea! 
When I started my third mission I read about methodology and chose Image Visualization with my friend Julia, and we started to do our researches, to understand what it is, and how we can do it. I've already decided to do film visualization, like a video essay, and Julia was trying to do Image visualization: barcode, and so on. 

Then, something unexpected happened. I and Julia cannot do this mission together, as we’re worked together on the first mission group.

 WHAT? 
Yes, we must start again... 

So, I looked around in our lab and noticed that Rosie and Niamh having nice chat and discussion. I came to them and asked: "Girls are you looking for number three in your mission group? They said "Yes".Great, I will be that number three. 

Our mission is Digital Journalism. We are going to talk about how media has changed from" print to radio to online" and then our finished product "Interactive journalism "about "how Christmas is celebrated in different countries."

I started my researches in TU Dublin the library and read very interesting information about radio broadcasting before and now. Also, I got more information doing online researches. I did the poster to show the radio structure and how the radio has been changed during the years, and how the radio continued to entertain the people.

To understand better the process and how I am going to start my mission three, I did the poster and I was trying to show how the radio during the centuries changed, and what type of technological pieces of equipment were been used century by century, year by year.





The process was so interesting, as our team started to work on the product immediately. Of course, we need more time to make our product done on time, and in my opinion, two weeks is not enough for teamwork. 
Again during the processing time, we used Slack, and our discussion we're organizing by Slack.
Below I did a screenshot of one of our discussions. We can talk using Slack any hour that suits us, which is one of the advantages of this app.

For our project, we used F/Block 108, and introducing the final product to each other, advising each other what should be changed. Also, we remembered that no need to add a lot of words on the screen and not allowed to read what you put exactly on it. This kind of teamwork helped us to deliver a good product at the final. 



  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission 3:Methodology/Product

" "PRODUCT"   Radio became popular in the 1920s, and many scientists we're trying to understand how they can make radio waves, transmitters, and receivers real. The famous Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi was successful in sending a radio signal across the Atlantic using the South East coast of Ireland. In the 1920s the first radio station in the USA was KDKA, and this radio station had been used for the presidential election. In 1922 the demand for radio increase, it was estimated at  $60 million a year. There were different types of radio; small and big, with different amounts, a minimum of $8, and a maximum of $300. In the 1920s everyone preferred to listen to the radio: news, music, soap operas, children show for 15 minutes, sport, fiction, and advertising; food, medicins, soft drinks, and cars. Year by year the radio industry are taking up new technological forms: such as broadband, mobiles, podcast and so on.  Radio is still the mas

Digital Media/Intro

Hi everyone       Hope you all are keeping well       My name is Lusine . This is a traditional Armenian name, and the translation will be like this-the Moon.         I came to Ireland from one of the ancient countries of the world, older than Rome.   That country is called -Armenia . ( Hayastan )   It's the first nation that adopted Christianity in 301.   The capital city is Yerevan, and this year it was celebrated on October its 2801st of the anniversary of the establishment. Armenia is a safe touristic destination with many ancient buildings and architecture. When your first-time visit Armenia you should visit Garni Temple and Geghard church. Also, you should try Armenian traditional food-(lavash(bread), Tolma , Basturma,) and drinks -( wine, cognac, Jermuk(mineral water).   Welcome to Armenia...     What about my education.   I like to be here in TU Dublin, and learn more about Technology,    as we know the 21st

Mission 1/Creativity/Product

Creative Coding...! "Product" Continuing our teamwork and discussing all aspects of it, first of all, we need to concentrate and delivered good products working hard and using our time rationally and effectively.  As we were decided to make a web page, by the way, it was the first time that we were doing it, so we should manage our time as I said effectively.     So, we divided our tasks into three parts and eventually made it a whole. I had to submit a web page where I had to include a poem, a picture, and a summary of it all on the web page .  Before starting my researches, I should have focused on the main product, in this case, it was a poem. But to add a poem to the web page would not be interesting, and to make it more attractive I had to add an image that would appropriate the poem, as I chose a poem about the famous artist Hovhannes Ayvazovski 9th of the Wave, written by one of the most famous Armenian writer Hovhannes Tumanyan. S o I found this gif